JHERF provides Travel Grants to its Lifetime and Extended Members to attend research conferences outside their residing country. The grant is aimed at promoting Research and Development in technical education by providing an opportunity for meritorious members to interact at an international level. Eligible applicants must be a Lifetime or Extended Member of JHERF, and Chapter Members should contact their corresponding chapter heads before filling the online form. Financial assistance is only available to those who have not received grants for travel expenses in the past three years for attending conferences, seminars, or symposiums abroad. The assistance is in the form of a Token Travel Grant, reimbursing up to 90% of the travel expenses (days of the conference plus two more for the journey) under Economy Excursion class by the shortest route in any airline. The amount of the grant will be reimbursed through a crossed cheque/draft on receipt of a prestamped receipt and certificate, bill, statement of expenditure, copies of Air ticket and travel document, a brief report of the conference, other scientific and technical activities, and other visits undertaken during that period, duly signed by the head of the applicant’s organization or institute.
It is required that proposals must be submitted at least 3 months before the scheduled conference or event. A submission fee of GBP 5 will be charged to evaluate the grant form. This fee serves as a measure to prevent spam and ensure that only eligible applicants apply. Please note that this fee is non-refundable.Eligibility:
To receive a travel grant the recipient must:
- To be eligible for a travel grant from JHERF, the applicant must be a member of the organization or have applied for life membership prior to submitting the grant application.
- The applicant must be listed as an author or co-author of a paper that has been accepted for presentation at the conference.
- The applicant must have contributed at least 50% of the research presented in the paper.
- The applicant must attend the conference in person to present the paper.
- The applicant must be a full-time employee, student, or researcher of an organization, and must have obtained a No-Objection Certificate from their employer or institution.
- Applications for travel grants must be submitted to the JHERF Council at least four months before the start of the conference.
- The grant funds may be used to cover travel expenses and daily allowance for the duration of the conference, as well as two additional days for travel.
- Once a grant has been approved for a specific conference, it cannot be used for any other conference or purpose.
- Incomplete grant applications will not be considered.
- The application must include a copy of the conference announcement and a letter confirming the applicant’s participation as a speaker, session chair, keynote speaker, or in another capacity.
- Travel tickets must be booked at least 90 days in advance, but no more than 120 days in advance.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee approval of the travel grant. JHERF is not responsible for any losses incurred by the applicant without the prior approval of the Council.
- Applicants who have not published papers in refereed journals may not be eligible for a grant.
- Speakers and session chairs must obtain clearance from the conference organizers.