JHERF offers Travel Grants upto 90% for the JHERF Life Members for attending Research Conferences out of their Country. JHERF extends financial assistance to attend International events out of the presently residing country. This Grant is aimed at promoting Research and Development in technical education by way of providing opportunity to the meritorious members of JHERF to interact at International level. Eligibility demands that the applicant must mandatorily be Extended Member or Lifetime Member of JHERF under any of the category. Chapter Members are requested to contact their corresponding chapter heads for this before filling the online form. Financial assistance would be extended only to those applicants who have not received grants towards travel expenditure (either whole or in part) during the last three years for attending any Conference/Seminar/Symposium held abroad. The assistance is in the form of Token Travel Grant to meet upto 90% of the travel expenses (Days of conference – Two more days for Journey) on reimbursement basis. The member is expected to travel by shortest route under Economy Excursion class in any airline whichever is cheaper. The amount sanctioned by way of travel grant shall be reimbursed through crossed cheque/draft on receipt of (prestamped receipt and certificate) bill, statement of expenditure along with the copies of Air ticket, travel document, a brief report of the conference, other scientific and technical activities and other visits undertaken during that period duly signed by the head of the applicant’s organization or institute.
Proposal Submission must be 3 Months prior to the Conference or event.
Applicant will be charged GBP 5 at the Submission which will be the fees for the evaluation of Grant Form. This avoids the spam applicants and ineligible applicants strictly. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
To receive a travel grant the recipient must:
- Be a member of JHERF or have applied for JHERF Life Membership prior to submitting travel grant application.
- Be the author or co-author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Must have contributed to at least 50% of the research presented.
- Must attend the conference to present the paper.
- Be a full-time Employee or Student or Researcher of any Organization and should have got the No – Objection Certificate.
- The proposals should reach the Council four months prior to the dates of Conference.
- The grants shall be utilized to meet the travel expenses (Days of conference + two more days for Journey) allowance to attend the International Seminar/Conference/Symposium/Workshop abroad.
- The sanctions once made to attend a specific conference, can not in any case, be utilized for the purposes of Travel abroad to attend any other Conferences.
- Incomplete applications shall not be entertained.
- Applications should accompany a copy of seminar announcement, letter of confirmation for paper presentation/chairing the session/keynote address/ any other.
- Tickets must be exactly booked before 90 days and not greater than 120 days.
- Submitting the application form alone doesn’t make the Approval of Grant. JHERF will not take any responsibility for booked tickets or any other loss without the approval of the council.
- Scholars who do not have published papers in refereed journals may not be considered.
- For Speakers and Session Chairs, clearance is required from the Conference Organizers.